felix-users mailing list archives

From Francesco Furfari <francesco.furf...@isti.cnr.it>
Subject Re: UPnP and DLNA
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 12:47:01 GMT
Dear LongkerDandy,

I think the right place to ask about  updates of the UPnP Specification
is the OSGi Alliance (osgi-dev@mail.osgi.org)
or the OSGi  Residential Expert Group.

You are right, the OSGi UPnP specification hides a number of things
(there are pro and cons).
Few weeks ago there was a simple request about DLNA.
Please look at Felix-2370 issue
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FELIX-2730)
Which are the missing features you would like to have in a customized
UPnP implementation?
Please open or modify  an issue and specify your requirements.

Yes, the CyberlinkJava was not very active recently, but the bridge
solves only partially the problem, in any case (for DLNA)  we need a
review of the specification.
I don't know Cling, how much distance there is from the Cyberlink stack
to easily design an abstraction layer.
Another approach would be the modularization of all the UPnP stack, I
mean the clear separation of the SOAP, GENA, and SSDP modules.

Regards,
Francesco