felix-users mailing list archives

From boday <ben.o...@initekconsulting.com>
Subject Re: Can the thread context classloader issue be solved at all?
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 20:35:51 GMT

This remains a common/widespread issue and a cumbersome work around.  Is
there an alternative to this approach?  Has this issue been solved in
Felix/Karaf or is it simply not possible to at the container level?

I've read about several different approaches to this including Context
Finder, Buddy Policy, etc.

here are a few references that I found...

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Context_Class_Loader_Enhancements (for equinox)
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2198928/better-handling-of-thread-context-classloader-in-osgi
(no responses)

If there is a more definitive explanation of the issue and options, please
point me to it.

thanks...

-----