felix-users mailing list archives

From Karl Pauls <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OBR search and installation
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2010 21:26:31 GMT
Hi John,

I'm not sure I understand you correctly but if all you want to do is
to have your bundles be available via obr and use obr to deploy a
bundle together with the transitive closure over its dependencies you
first need to create your repository from your available bundles. You
could use bindex for that but If you are using the maven-bundle-plugin
it will already maintain a repository for you at
~/.m2/repository/repository.xml.

next, inside felix do:

> obr:addUrl file:<path-to-user-home>/.m2/repository/repository.xml

> obr:deploy <symbolic-name-of-your-bundle>

that will deploy the bundle together with the dependencies.

regards,

Karl

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 9:44 PM,  <john.dunlap@exceter.com> wrote:
> I have a vanilla 3.0.2 felix install up and running. However, I cannot seem
> to figure out how to install the bundles which are listed by the OBR
> commands. Every example I've found has me manually installing bundles from
> my local machine, which strikes me as defeating the purpose of having a
> bundle repository in the first place.
>
> In my ideal world I would create a bundle in IntelliJ, deploy the bundle to
> a remote bundle repository with a maven plugin, and then install the bundle
> into OSGI from the remote bundle repository.
>
> I am looking for something similar to the Linux "yum" command where I can
> tell OSGI to install a specific bundle and it will automatically download
> and install that bundle along with its dependencies. Is this something that
> OBR is capable of doing or am I way off base?
>
> -John

Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com