felix-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: repackaging existing jars as a bundle
Date Thu, 23 Dec 2010 07:19:25 GMT
If you want some examples, you can have a look at
   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/servicemix/smx4/bundles/trunk/
There are tons of bundles using the maven bundle plugin to repackage
existing jars.

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 08:14, Ellen Strnod <estrnod@annealsoft.com> wrote:
> I am repackaging a new release of a 3rd party product which I have a depencency on as
an OSGi bundle.  The Apache Felix Maven Bundle Plugin (BND) website does a pretty good job
of explaining how to do this but a big issue that was having and found the answer to is at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1378492/embedding-jars-into-the-osgi-bundle-with-maven-bundle-plugin,
which is how to avoid unresolved errors (for packages that will not actually be used at runtime)
during the build if all dependencies are not imported, and at runtime if they are, by adding
"<Import-Package>*;resolution:=optional<Import-Package>" to the configuration.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet