felix-users mailing list archives

From john.dun...@exceter.com
Subject OBR search and installation
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2010 20:44:43 GMT
I have a vanilla 3.0.2 felix install up and running. However, I cannot
seem to figure out how to install the bundles which are listed by the
OBR commands. Every example I've found has me manually installing
bundles from my local machine, which strikes me as defeating the
purpose of having a bundle repository in the first place.

In my ideal world I would create a bundle in IntelliJ, deploy the
bundle to a remote bundle repository with a maven plugin, and then
install the bundle into OSGI from the remote bundle repository.

I am looking for something similar to the Linux "yum" command where I
can tell OSGI to install a specific bundle and it will automatically
download and install that bundle along with its dependencies. Is this
something that OBR is capable of doing or am I way off base?

-John