felix-users mailing list archives

From Gebo Uniken <gebo.uni...@gmail.com>
Subject Auto installing fragments in http-bridge mode
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 13:31:43 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Felix in http-bridge mode following the sample located here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/http/samples/bridge/

The webapp I'm building pre-packages some bundles that should be
started when the framework starts. However I'm running into a problem
when auto-deploying a fragment bundle. Obviously, these shouldn't be
started by Felix. And if I'm correctly reading the documentation,
Felix in standard mode provides the configuration property
felix.auto.install.n to handle this situation. However, this is a
_configuration_ property. And it seems that setting
felix.auto.install.n as a system property doesn't work. When
constructing Felix I only know how to pass system properties: new
Felix(sysProps).

Can someone point me to some code where I can learn how to initialize
felix from my webapp so that I can either pass configuration
properties if that is possible or else tell felix some other way to
not try to start my fragment bundles.

Thanks,
Gebo