felix-users mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <david.bosscha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Oracle JDBC in OSGI
Date Fri, 12 Nov 2010 07:46:27 GMT
Just as a note. Supporting JDBC in OSGi has been standardized in the
OSGi 4.2 Enterprise Release (chapter 125) [1].

So if you get a JDBC driver that supports that specification you can
obtain your JDBC drivers through the OSGi service registry without any
classloader tricks.

Best regards,

David

[1] http://www.osgi.org/Download/Release4V42

On 11 November 2010 22:43, Joel Schuster <joels@navsys.com> wrote:
> If you must use the JDBC driver directly then the issue is with the classloader as the
DriverManager is trying to load it 'behind the scenes'. Read my blog article on how to work
around this:

> http://joelschuster.blogspot.com/
>
> However, I highly recommend using JPA via Eclipselink instead which works great with
OSGi.

> For the Oracle Driver... we OSGi-ified it using bnd. The turns the ojdbc6.jar into a
OSGi bundle which then is used by EclipseLink.