felix-users mailing list archives

From mvangeert...@comcast.net
Subject Re: Default setting of <Import-Package> of maven-bundle-plugin
Date Thu, 04 Nov 2010 13:39:12 GMT

LOL.  I'll do that.  Currently I'm using version 2.1.0 of the maven-bundle-plugin, any idea
when the next version of the maven-bundle-plugin, which implements the new bnd library, will
be available?

v/r,

Mike Van

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard S. Hall" <heavy@ungoverned.org>
To: users@felix.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, November 4, 2010 9:31:18 AM
Subject: Re: Default setting of <Import-Package> of maven-bundle-plugin

On 11/4/10 9:18, mvangeertruy@comcast.net wrote:

> Richard,
>

> Sounds like having the default behavior for the export tag being to set noimport to true
may be the best solution.  Do you agree?

Not really. I'm not sure which way is worse. The best solution, is to
try to use a newer version of bnd and see if that helps.

-> richard

> v/r,
>

> Mike Van

and receiving unresolved constraint violations.

>> Currently, using the maven-bundle-plugin, I am using the default behavior of the<Import-Package>
   and<Export-Package>    tags.  This results in (among other things), the Import-Package
portion of my MANIFEST.MF file containing all packages exported in the Export-Package section.

>> To fix this, I have been using<Export-Package>*;-noimport:=true</Export-Package>.

>> When explaining this in the IRC channel for #karaf, I was told that bundles shouldn't
be importing thier own packages.  If this is true, should the default behavior of<Export-Package>
   be changed to -noimport:=true?