felix-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Embedding Hibernate in an OSGi bundle using maven-bundle-plugin is hard
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 14:47:52 GMT
Is there any reason why you want to embed hibernate instead of using it as a
real bundle ?
Also the problem isn't really maven i think, as whichever tool you use,
you'll have to write the manifest somehow.
Instead of going that way, I would do the following:
   * mark all imports as optional
   * deploy your bundles
   * check which packages are actually needed by deploying dependencies
until things work
   * mark the imports from these dependencies as mandatory
This is not really clean, but I don't see what else you can do if you don't
want to use the existing hibernate bundles.