felix-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Karaf 1.4.0 and ActiveMQ 5.3.1
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 12:48:21 GMT
It's a kinda hard problem to decide which packages to export or not.
The solution that has been used was to export packages that are present in
JDK 5 only,  so that all new features from JDK 6 are not available.  The
reason is to make sure that people can run without changes on both JDK 5 and
6.
When we need such a package, we usually deploy a bundle providing this
package, such as:

http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/geronimo/specs/geronimo-annotation_1.0_spec/1.1.1/geronimo-annotation_1.0_spec-1.1.1.jar