felix-users mailing list archives

From Tribon Cheng <tribon1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A question about felix karaf and Spring DM
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 07:19:33 GMT
Hi ,Guillaume, My target is to use only one BP implementation in karaf, and
unfortunately i choose the springdm which

is not used by karaf now, I need BP implementation to be exclusive in one
container because i don't want one serivce to

be registered twice.

Looking inside the karaf related module, i found there were several places
where karaf denpended on gerinimo BPIMP tightly:

1) As you said there are two NamespaceHandlers which implement gerinimo's
NamespaceHandler

2) The ext
namespace(org.apache.geronimo.blueprint.ext.ExtNamespaceHandler) such as
"property-placeholder" which is used by karaf-shell-console and karaf-admin,
maybe by more other models.

Maybe i can provide NamespaceHander based on springdm for above gerinimo
specific namespace handlers , but it's not a

nice way. I don't catch your mind to provide a neutral way. neutral proxy
NamespaceHandler implementation or neutral namespace

declaration instead of existed ones?