felix-users mailing list archives

From Nicolas Delsaux <nicolas.dels...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iPOJO annotations with a maven project
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 12:13:51 GMT
On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Clement Escoffier
<clement.escoffier@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> So for the metadata.xml, no it's absolutely not required to have one. But in the 1.4.0,
the metadata.xml allows to declare instances. (in the 1.5.0-SNAPSHOT, there is a new annotation
for that).

There is something weird. Since my project is a maven one, I use the
following dependency declaration :

			<dependency>
				<groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
				<artifactId>org.apache.felix.ipojo.annotations</artifactId>
				<version>1.2.0</version>
			</dependency>

I think I'm really far from bleeding edge ;-)
Anyway, I've already seen the metada.xml is mandatory to create
instances. Do you have a publicly visible repository with iPOJO
1.5.0-SNAPSHOT for me to test annotation based instance creation ?

> The validate method will be call if you have declared an instance of your component.
iPOJO interprets @Component as a component type declaration, so you have to declare instances.
To declare instances, you can use the configu admin or the metadata.xml. In this latter case,
just create a simple metadata.xml containing
> <ipojo>
> <instance component="....HelloClient"/>
> </ipojo>
>
> But as far as I see, the maven-ipojo-plugin was not called on your bundle. So add to
your pom file the following excerpt:
> <plugin>
>             <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
>             <artifactId>maven-ipojo-plugin</artifactId>
>             <version>1.4.2</version>
>             <executions>
>               <execution>
>               <goals>
>                     <goal>ipojo-bundle</goal>
>              </goals>
>            </execution>
>       </executions>
>     </plugin>

Well, it's defined in the superpom.

> Then, the resulting manifest should contains a specific header with a weird content.
If so, your bundle was correctly manipulated, and your bundle will be managed by iPOJO.

> Regards,

Thanks for the advices.

--
Nicolas Delsaux