felix-users mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A question about felix karaf and Spring DM
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2010 14:26:42 GMT
So I've had a closer look at what would be required.
The problem right now is that karaf defines two custom namespaces but custom
namespaces aren't standardized by the blueprint spec yet (it's being worked
on though).
In the meantime, we could support both spring-dm and aries blueprint
implementation (former geronimo blueprint implementation) by providing two
implementations of the same namespace.
I think there would be one remaining thing to do which is to provide a
neutral way to access the ConfigAdmin and properties placeholders, which
basically mean rewriting those namespaces (it should mostly be some
repackaging thingy as both aries and spring-dm support almost the same
features).  This way, we could switch easily between spring-dm and aries.
If you're willing to go that way and provide some patches, i'd be happy to
help.