felix-users mailing list archives

From Clement Escoffier <clement.escoff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: iPOJO annotations with a maven project
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 13:42:25 GMT
Hi,

On 08.04.2010, at 14:13, Nicolas Delsaux wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Clement Escoffier
> <clement.escoffier@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>

>> So for the metadata.xml, no it's absolutely not required to have one. But in the
1.4.0, the metadata.xml allows to declare instances. (in the 1.5.0-SNAPSHOT, there is a new
annotation for that).

> There is something weird. Since my project is a maven one, I use the
> following dependency declaration :
>
> 			<dependency>
> 				<groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
> 				<artifactId>org.apache.felix.ipojo.annotations</artifactId>
> 				<version>1.2.0</version>
> 			</dependency>
>
> I think I'm really far from bleeding edge ;-)
> Anyway, I've already seen the metada.xml is mandatory to create
> instances. Do you have a publicly visible repository with iPOJO
> 1.5.0-SNAPSHOT for me to test annotation based instance creation ?

It is deployed on the Apache Snapshot Repository (https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/felix/org.apache.felix.ipojo.annotations/1.5.0-SNAPSHOT/)
This annotations is processed by the maven-ipojo-plugin 1.5.0-SNAPSHOT too.

The good news is ... the iPOJO 1.6.0 release is pretty close now :-)

Clement

>> The validate method will be call if you have declared an instance of your component.
iPOJO interprets @Component as a component type declaration, so you have to declare instances.
To declare instances, you can use the configu admin or the metadata.xml. In this latter case,
just create a simple metadata.xml containing
>> <ipojo>
>> <instance component="....HelloClient"/>
>> </ipojo>
>>
>> But as far as I see, the maven-ipojo-plugin was not called on your bundle. So add
to your pom file the following excerpt:
>> <plugin>
>>             <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
>>             <artifactId>maven-ipojo-plugin</artifactId>
>>             <version>1.4.2</version>
>>             <executions>
>>               <execution>
>>               <goals>
>>                     <goal>ipojo-bundle</goal>
>>              </goals>
>>            </execution>
>>       </executions>
>>     </plugin>
>>
> Well, it's defined in the superpom.
>>
>> Then, the resulting manifest should contains a specific header with a weird content.
If so, your bundle was correctly manipulated, and your bundle will be managed by iPOJO.