felix-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: How far is the 4.2 Spec implemented?
Date Sun, 04 Apr 2010 08:32:09 GMT
On Apr 3, 2010, at 15:42 , Jens Lauterbach wrote:

> I am new to the OSGi and Java world. At the moment I am working on a paper in which I
want to compare how far Felix, Equinox and Knopflerfish are implementing the new OSGi 4.2
specification.

> Sadly, I couldn't find a lot informaton about that on the Felix homepage.

We do run the TCK regularly to validate if Felix passes all 4.2 tests:

http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-framework-osgi-tck-results.html

> The "Framework" subproject seems to implement the whole Core specification. Is that correct?
Or are there parts of the Core specs that are not implemented yet?

<shameless-plug>

Two of my colleagues started an open source testing framework that runs a test suite on all
leading open source implementations. Check it out. And we could definitely use help extending
the test suite itself. :)

For an overview:
http://opensource.luminis.net/wiki/display/OSGITEST/OSGi+testing+framework

For a nice matrix of tests and frameworks:
http://opensource.luminis.net/svn/OSGITESTRESULTS/trunk/index.html

</shameless-plug>

Greetings, Marcel