felix-users mailing list archives

From Jens Lauterbach <jens.lauterb...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: How far is the 4.2 Spec implemented?
Date Sun, 04 Apr 2010 09:10:41 GMT
Hello Felix,

thank you very much for your quick reply! This helps me a lot!

Regards
Jens

On 04.04.2010, at 09:52, Felix Meschberger wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 03.04.2010 15:42, Jens Lauterbach wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am new to the OSGi and Java world. At the moment I am working on a paper in which
I want to compare how far Felix, Equinox and Knopflerfish are implementing the new OSGi 4.2
specification.

>> Sadly, I couldn't find a lot informaton about that on the Felix homepage.
>>
>> The "Framework" subproject seems to implement the whole Core specification. Is that
correct? Or are there parts of the Core specs that are not implemented yet?

>> To be more precise I mean:
>>
>> - Security Layer
>> - Module Layer
>> - Life Cycle Layer
>> - Service Layer
>> - Framework API
>> - Package Admin Service
>> - Start Level Service
>> - Conditional Permission Admin Service
>> - URL Handlers Service
>> - Service Hooks
>
> AFAICT the latest release of the framework implements the full 4.2 core
> specification. Richard Hall and/or Karl Pauls may know better.
>

>> And how about the Compendium Specs? How much of these specs are covered by Felix?
>> On some of the parts of the Compendium spec (see below) I could find a subproject.
For instance the "Log Service" is implemented by the "Log" subproject.