felix-users mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SCR Service Annotations
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 20:22:55 GMT
Hi,

On 09.04.2010 22:11, Carl Hall wrote:
> Hi Felix, Thanks for the fast response!
>
> If the component in question has @Reference fields in it, are they carried
> over to the new instances from the factory?

Yes, references are bound at component activation time just like for
non-service factory components.

> Is it possible for the requesting component to send up information that can
> be used to configure new instances from the factory?

No, all instances of service factory components are configured the same.
Same as all components. Actually to the service consumers service
factory services look exactly the same as regular services.

If you want your service (or component consumers) to be able to create
specially crafted objects, you might want to consider using a component
factory or register a factory service the consumers may call to get the
actual object.

As for component factory: you declare the component as a component
factory by setting factory attribute to the @Component annotation. Then
SCR registers a ComponentFactory service on behalf of the component.
Consumers then call the newInstance(Dictionary) method on the
ComponentFactory to actually create an instance of the real component
which is configured according to the dictionary.

But beware: consumers of the ComponentFactory components must make sure
to call the ComponentInstance.dispose() method when done using the
component.

Regards
Felix