felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Why is Felix not a certified OSGi container
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 13:42:18 GMT
On 4/7/10 16:48, Jens Lauterbach wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering why Felix is not a certified container like Knopflerfish or Equinox?
>
> http://www.osgi.org/Specifications/Certified
>
> Is there a special reason for that or is it simply not of interest to the Felix project
to become a certified framework?

Certification is verification by the OSGi Alliance that an OSGi
framework impl passes the OSGi CT. This costs money.

The Felix framework "unofficially" passes the OSGi R4.2 CT as documented
here:

http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-framework-osgi-tck-results.html

Further, those certified frameworks at the above link are for R4. There
are currently no certified frameworks for R4.2. If you want to pony up
the dough, I'd be happy to get the Felix framework certified. :-)

-> richard