felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: How far is the 4.2 Spec implemented?
Date Sun, 04 Apr 2010 12:52:36 GMT
On 4/3/10 9:42, Jens Lauterbach wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to the OSGi and Java world. At the moment I am working on a paper in which I
want to compare how far Felix, Equinox and Knopflerfish are implementing the new OSGi 4.2
specification.

> Sadly, I couldn't find a lot informaton about that on the Felix homepage.
>
> The "Framework" subproject seems to implement the whole Core specification. Is that correct?
Or are there parts of the Core specs that are not implemented yet?

> To be more precise I mean:
>
> - Security Layer
> - Module Layer
> - Life Cycle Layer
> - Service Layer
> - Framework API
> - Package Admin Service
> - Start Level Service
> - Conditional Permission Admin Service
> - URL Handlers Service
> - Service Hooks

The core framework passes the R4.2 mandatory CT tests since version
2.0.0 and passes the complete CT (i.e., including security) since
version 2.0.4.

-> richard

> And how about the Compendium Specs? How much of these specs are covered by Felix?
> On some of the parts of the Compendium spec (see below) I could find a subproject. For
instance the "Log Service" is implemented by the "Log" subproject.