felix-users mailing list archives

From David Tkaczyk <dtkac...@camiant.com>
Subject RE: OSGI Bundles as Web Services
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2010 12:31:37 GMT
I would recommend checking in with the Jersey guys.  I believe they are very close to an OSGi
compliant release.  If you can wait, that's your best bet...

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Pauls [mailto:karlpauls@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 3:13 PM
To: users@felix.apache.org
Subject: Re: OSGI Bundles as Web Services

Not sure whether this is what you are looking for but iirc clerezza
(http://incubator.apache.org/clerezza/) has a JAX-RS implementation
designed to work in an OSGi environment and allowing to provide
Root-Resources as OSGi services. There is virtually no documentation
yet but you can always ask at the mailing list if you have further
questions. Maybe have a look at one of the subprojects that use jaxrs
like http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/clerezza/trunk/org.apache.clerezza.parent/org.apache.clerezza.web.fileserver

regards,

Karl

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 6:55 PM, Larry Touve <ltouve@potomacfusion.com> wrote:
> I'm using Jersey to develop some RESTful Web Services.  I'd like to create these as OSGI
bundles that I can deploy.  Is there any (relatively easy) way to do this?  I'm currently
running Glassfish V3, and am deploying bundles to the underlying Felix, but  I'd like to run
just Felix (without GF) and have the Web Services exposed (through the Felix http bundle?).

> I looked at the example from the Apache Felix HTTP Service page (http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-http-service.html)
 where the ServiceReference from the HttpService class is used to register a pojo that extends
HttpServlet.  Would It be similar for a Jersey POJO?

--
Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com