felix-users mailing list archives

From Clement Escoffier <clement.escoff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Will iPOJO 1.6.0 support inheritance of annotations?
Date Thu, 08 Apr 2010 17:25:12 GMT
Hi,

On 08.04.2010, at 16:15, Bengt Rodehav wrote:

> Just read in a post that iPOJO 1.6.0 is pretty close. I have recently
> started to use iPOJO and find it extremely useful. It provides a very
> convenient programming model - especially when using annotations.
> However, I want to put some annotations (defining some @Property's,
> @ServiceProperty's and @Validate/@Invalidate/@Controller/@Requires) in
> a common, reusable, base class. This is to make it easier to create
> new services for us (otherwise we will need a lot of boilerplate code
> that needs to be maintained). I read somewhere that iPOJO was going to
> provide support for this in the future. My question is if this
> "future" is iPOJO 1.6.0?

So the bad news is : no this feature will not be inside the 1.6.0
The good news is : it will be on the 1.8.0 because of a major rewriting of the manipulator
(constructor injection, (method) annotation inheritance).

The field injection of parent class requires more work and despite on the roadmap it is not
really planned.

Regards,

Clement