felix-users mailing list archives

From Sten Roger Sandvik <...@x3m.com>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache Felix Http Service version 2.0.2 Released
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 21:51:35 GMT
On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 11:24 PM, Edelson, Justin <
Justin.Edelson@mtvstaff.com> wrote:

> This looks great. I look forward to junking my custom bridge code.
>
> One question - in
> http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-http-service.html#ApacheFelixH
> ttpService-UsingtheServletBridge, it is stated that one must "In a
> startup listener (like ServletContextListener) set the BundleContext as
> a servlet context attribute." but this isn't done in the example, at
> least as far as I can see looking at the code in
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/felix/trunk/http/samples/bridge/src/main
> /java/org/apache/felix/http/samples/bridge/.

The example should be clearer. It's actually set inside the
ProvisionActivator. First statement inside start(..) method.
servletContext.setAttribute(BundleContext.class.getName(), context);

> Also, does the bridge code actually require Servlet 2.5? I can't be the
> only one still running Tomcat 5.5 :)

It's been tested with 2.5 servlet spec. But I think it will work with any
servlet spec. Must have 2.3 for filter support, that's all.