felix-users mailing list archives

From Arjun Panday <arjun.pan...@alcatel-lucent.fr>
Subject Re: OBR, File Install, bindex, repository.xml generation- related questions
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2009 08:54:33 GMT

> Hmm. So maybe two local repositories, one for the system bundle and
> one for everyone else or just special case the system bundle and just
> have one local repo for the other bundles that gets included in the
> repo list.
yes, that's more like it..
it's actually what i was doing in my (dirty) patch where the local
repository was specifically ignoring anything not coming fom the system
bundle.. so your idea enables wrapping this behaviour behind a clean
interface.
So if i understand it right, instead of one local repository and one
remote repository, we'd have
- one "LocalSystemRepository"
- one "LocalInstalledRepository"
- one "RemoteRepository"
and the API to remove one or the other (or at least the
LocalInstalledRepository) from the resolver..

-arjun