felix-users mailing list archives

From Karl Pauls <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving to trunk
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 21:29:59 GMT
On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 2:51 PM, Don Brown <donald.brown@gmail.com> wrote:
> Great, but what about the 2.0 stable branch?

We don't really maintain a stable branch. We do so more or less on
purpose as trying to maintain branches would be a lot of effort and we
rather focus what resources we have to keep the trunk in a good shape.
However, some times we do backport some issue to a previous branch and
make a one off release if somebody really needs it but thats about it.

> If need be, I'm happy to
> volunteer to maintain it if no one else will, as I'll be maintaining a
> branch/fork for Atlassian anyway.

Having your own branch/fork is certainly fine and thanks for
volunteering. However, we decided against maintaing branches at felix
and I'd rather like to keep it that way. If you or other want to do
that (either for their own or customers sake) thats ok and we will try
to help you wherever we can but I don't see the need to do this at
felix.

Thanks again!

regards,

Karl

> Don
>
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 6:01 PM, Karl Pauls <karlpauls@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 8:17 AM, Don Brown <donald.brown@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> With 2.0.1 about to be released from trunk and several issues with
>>> 1.8.1, I made the leap to move Atlassian Plugins to trunk.  Since I
>>> need a release, I still forked, but hopefully won't need it after
>>> 2.0.1 for at least a little while.  So far, most builds are green
>>> (weblogic yet to run), so that's an improvement.
>>>
>>> Anything I should be wary of?  Will trunk turn into 2.0-stable or
>>> should I plan on keeping my fork.
>>
>> Yes, trunk will become 2.0.1. If nothing else is showing up I will cut
>> the release and call the vote on the weekend.
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> Karl
>>
>>> Don

>> --