felix-users mailing list archives

From Alin Dreghiciu <adreghi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Log4j
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 09:43:47 GMT
If you are embedding Felix into an app that already uses Log4J I
suppose that log4j packages are already in the classpath so accessible
by the classloader that is used when creating/using Felix. In this
case the only thing you should do, in my view, is to add log4j
packages to the property org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra, so
those packages will be exported by system bundle from the other class
space.

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 9:53 AM, Pete Haidinyak <javamann@cox.net> wrote:
> Howdy,
>        I am creating an application that uses an embedded Felix. The
> application outside of Felix uses Log4j for logging and I want to use Log4j
> in the bundles deployed in Felix. My question is can I add the log4j jar on
> the Classpath for my application and then load a log4j bundle for Felix to
> use and they are both separate? Will I run into any problems doing this and
> is there a better way?
>
> Thanks
>
> -Pete

Alin Dreghiciu
http://www.ops4j.org - New Energy for OSS Communities - Open
Participation Software.
http://www.qi4j.org - New Energy for Java - Domain Driven Development.
http://www.codedragons.com - New Energy for Projects - Great People
working on Great Projects at Great Places
Sent from: Cluj-napoca Cj Romania.