felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Using org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra after startup?
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 20:55:35 GMT
Dan J Hrivnak wrote:
> Thanks for your quick reply.  The problem with that is the packages I
> want are used in the non-OSGi parts of the system too, so using an
> empty extension bundle would duplicate all needed packages.  Is there
> no way to dynamically modify the framework system packages?

Perhaps there is some misunderstanding. The bundle is empty except for
some metadata in its Export-Package header stating which packages from
the class path should be exported by the system bundle. This results in
the system bundle being dynamically modified to export those packages
from the class path.

-> richard