felix-users mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>
Subject Re: Combine two eclipse projects into one bundle
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 18:48:32 GMT
Well, you could make a maven project that depends on both existing maven
projects and uses bnd instructions to pull in all of the contents of the
existing bundles into the new new bundle. For example, if your bundles
were in org.foo.bundle1 and org.foo.bundle2, you could just do a
<Private-Package>org.foo.bundle1,org.foo.bundle2</Private-Package> in
the new maven pom file.

This is similar to how you can pull in interface packages into your
bundles from other JAR files to make them self contained.

-> richard

CHAD SKINNER wrote:
> I have a couple of systems that use a Tagging system to categorize entries (news, calendar
and blog). These systems are currently written as a single ear with a jar for the EJBs, one
for the model, and one the war. I would like to convert this to OSGi, but from what I understand
a JPA Entity Manager can only access the Entities from a single bundle. I really don't want
to duplicate the Tag functionality in each of these bundles and so I was wondering if it is
possible to merge two maven projects into a single bundle. For example, I have the business
model in the projects tag.model and news.model. I would like to have the bundle project merge
the classes from these two projects into a single news.model.jar OSGi bundle. The same would
be done for the display and ejb projects.

> Does anyone know if this is possible or if there is a better solution.
>
> Thanks,
> Chad
>
> THIS EMAIL MESSAGE IS FROM THE TOPEKA PUBLIC SCHOOLS USD501 IN TOPEKA, KANSAS AND IS
INTENDED ONLY FOR THE ADDRESSEE.  THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN MAY BE CONFIDENTIAL.  IF
THIS EMAIL HAS MISTAKENLY BEEN SENT TO YOU, PLEASE DELETE IT AFTER NOTIFYING US OF THE ERROR
BY REPLY EMAIL OR BY CALLING 785-295-3000.  UNAUTHORIZED FORWARDING, PRINTING, COPYING, DISTRIBUTING
OR USING THE INFORMATION IN THIS EMAIL MESSAGE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND MAY BE UNLAWFUL.