felix-users mailing list archives

From "CHAD SKINNER" <cskin...@topeka.k12.ks.us>
Subject Combine two eclipse projects into one bundle
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 17:40:25 GMT

I have a couple of systems that use a Tagging system to categorize entries (news, calendar
and blog). These systems are currently written as a single ear with a jar for the EJBs, one
for the model, and one the war. I would like to convert this to OSGi, but from what I understand
a JPA Entity Manager can only access the Entities from a single bundle. I really don't want
to duplicate the Tag functionality in each of these bundles and so I was wondering if it is
possible to merge two maven projects into a single bundle. For example, I have the business
model in the projects tag.model and news.model. I would like to have the bundle project merge
the classes from these two projects into a single news.model.jar OSGi bundle. The same would
be done for the display and ejb projects.

Does anyone know if this is possible or if there is a better solution.

Thanks,
Chad

THIS EMAIL MESSAGE IS FROM THE TOPEKA PUBLIC SCHOOLS USD501 IN TOPEKA, KANSAS AND IS INTENDED
ONLY FOR THE ADDRESSEE.  THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN MAY BE CONFIDENTIAL.  IF THIS EMAIL
HAS MISTAKENLY BEEN SENT TO YOU, PLEASE DELETE IT AFTER NOTIFYING US OF THE ERROR BY REPLY
EMAIL OR BY CALLING 785-295-3000.  UNAUTHORIZED FORWARDING, PRINTING, COPYING, DISTRIBUTING
OR USING THE INFORMATION IN THIS EMAIL MESSAGE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND MAY BE UNLAWFUL.