felix-users mailing list archives

From Clement Escoffier <clement.escoff...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can I make a event all the time and never be joined backlist.
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 08:30:33 GMT

On 17.02.2009, at 09:05, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> yanshaozhiGmail wrote:
>> HI everyone:
>>
>> how can I set the event's time of timeout , a service often be
>> joined to backlist . however it's important for us how can a handle
>> it?
>> log as :  org.apache.felix.eventadmin EventAdmin: Blacklisting
>> ServiceReference [[org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler] |
>> Bundle(com.gopha.ekm.dms.photo.services [4])] due to timeout!
>>
> By default the Felix EventAdmin implementation has a timeout of 5000
> ms.
> Your event handler has to return from the handle event method in this
> time frame. I'm not sure what the best solution is, but we usually
> just
> acknowledge the receive of an event and handle it asynchronously by
> for
> example either starting a background thread in the handle event method
> or by putting the event into a queue which is processed by a running
> background thread.
>
> You can also change the timeout value for the Felix event admin
> implementation by setting the property to a corresponding value:
> org.apache.felix.eventadmin.Timeout
>

> See here for how to see properties:
> http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-usage-documentation.html#ApacheFelixUsageDocumentation-configuringfelix
>
> (If you're using Sling, you can also add this property to the
> sling.properties file).

An other way is to create a processing thread that process events.
So, when a data is received, you just add the event into a list and
notify the thread. So, you don't process the event in the event admin
thread and so you will not be blacklisted. This way avoid setting an
arbitrary time.

Regards,

Clement