felix-users mailing list archives

From detelinyorda...@gmail.com
Subject Maven bundle plugin: Is it possible to mark optional Maven dependencies to be imported with resolition=optional
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2009 13:40:51 GMT
Hi guys,
   I'm walking my first steps in Maven bundle plugin, and I can say it has
been really helpful for now.
However, I seem to be missing how (if possible at all) can I instruct it to
mark the dependencies marked as "optional" in Maven to be imported with the
"resolution=optional".
My understanding so far is that these do not get processed by Maven Bundle
plugin, but are resolved by BND by looking at the imports, which are not on
the classpath, is this correct?
The project that I'm trying to bundle is built on top of Axis2 and has a lot
of optional dependencies (let's say tens of), I do not even know about all
of them because they did not
go into the standard distribution. But now it seems that BND finds the
references to them and assumes them to be mandatory adding a bunch of
imports in the manifest.

These are really a lot, e.g. about 240 packages and all of them are not
actually required by the application unless the users explicitly enable a
certain feature.
So is there a way I can mark all the optionals as optional in the manifest,
without having to do it manually for each package?

Kind Regards,
    Detelin