felix-users mailing list archives

From "Peter GardfjÀll" <peter.gardfj...@gmail.com>
Subject org.osgi.compendium-1.2.0.jar + Spring-DM == NoClassDefFoundError
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2008 14:44:26 GMT
Hi all,

I have been banging my head against a really weird class loading problem.
The particular problem I have manifests itself when I, via Spring-DM, try to
wire up a bundle with a reference to the HttpService service.
This fails with a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/Servlet
error.

Now, the weird part about this is that it seems to be the particular
combination of Spring-DM and Felix's org.osgi.compendium-1.2.0.jar bundle
that don't play nicely together.
The fact is that if I replace the org.osgi.compendium-1.2.0.jar bundle with
the "corresponding" Eclipse bundle
(org.eclipse.osgi.services_3.1.200.v20070605.jar) it works fine,
no exception is thrown and everything is wired up correctly.
This seems strange to me, given that these bundles look so much alike.

I'm not sure whether the root cause of this is a problem with Felix's
compendium bundle or Spring-DM's extender bundle.
Maybe it would be more appropriate to direct this problem to Spring-DM's
forum, but since the Felix compendium bundle is the difference between a
working and a broken application I thought I would start out on this list.

I have set up a minimal workspace with a Felix runtime project that can be
launched easily to reproduce the problem.
If someone would be willing to look into this problem I am more than happy
to send over a workspace zip file.

I hope someone can shed some light on this matter.

regards, Peter