felix-users mailing list archives

From "Hendy Irawan" <he...@rainbowpurple.com>
Subject Re: Exporting META-INF from maven-bundle-plugin / Bnd
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2008 06:43:44 GMT
Thanks David, that's exactly what I'm trying to do.

Frustrated with trying to assemble my own CXF OSGi jar(s), ...

Then I used cxf-bundle with Felix... however it requires a lot of
dependencies.. especially external dependencies (I take from SpringSource)
because a lot of dependencies of cxf-bundle are not OSGi bundles but simple
Java jars.

Even with all dependencies satisfied, I still get:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory
that until now I cannot resolve. Note that the jaxb JARs from CXF (jaxb-api,
jaxb-impl, jaxb-xjc) are not OSGi bundles, therefore I use the ones from
SpringSource.

Frustrated with com.sun.xml.bind.v2 problem, I tried ServiceMix 4, this time
I use the FUSE version because of a broken link in Apache ServiceMix 4 web
site* (my bad, actually)

My app uses JAX-RS and this doesn't just work in ServiceMix 4 so I had to
download jsr311-api-0.8 OSGified from Roberto Rojas'
http://rjrojas.blogspot.com/2008/09/restful-web-services-using-iona-fuse.html

This time, I got a "better" error, which is ClassNotFoundException on
jaxa.ws.rs.Path. It turns out I have to do a "osgi refresh" on the
cxf-bundle JAR everytime making a change on my manifest or deploying a new
library. (why is this? Shouldn't FileMonitor do this for me?)

The current state, is I'm getting two different errors, depending on which
bundle I try to refresh.

If I refresh cxf-bundle (#91 on my list), I get:

servicemix osgi> refresh 91
servicemix osgi> Nov 30, 2008 1:40:46 PM org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ServerImpl
initDestination
INFO: Setting the server's publish address to be /Test
Exception in thread "SpringOsgiExtenderThread-88"
with name 'restServer': Error setting property values; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.PropertyBatchUpdateException; nested
PropertyAccessExceptions (1) are:
PropertyAccessException 1:
org.springframework.beans.MethodInvocationException: Property 'serviceBeans'
threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could
not initialize class javax.ws.rs.core.MediaType
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1278)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1010)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:472)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:221)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:429)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:729)
        at
org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.completeRefresh(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:276)
        at
org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor$CompleteRefreshTask.run(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:145)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.PropertyBatchUpdateException; nested
PropertyAccessExceptions (1) are:
PropertyAccessException 1:
org.springframework.beans.MethodInvocationException: Property 'serviceBeans'
threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could
not initialize class javax.ws.rs.core.MediaType
        at
org.springframework.beans.AbstractPropertyAccessor.setPropertyValues(AbstractPropertyAccessor.java:104)
        at
org.springframework.beans.AbstractPropertyAccessor.setPropertyValues(AbstractPropertyAccessor.java:59)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1275)
        ... 15 more

However if I refresh my own bundle (#34), I get:

servicemix osgi> refresh 34
servicemix osgi> Nov 30, 2008 1:41:34 PM org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ServerImpl
initDestination
INFO: Setting the server's publish address to be /Test
Exception in thread "SpringOsgiExtenderThread-90"
with name 'restServer': Error setting property values; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.PropertyBatchUpdateException; nested
PropertyAccessExceptions (1) are:
PropertyAccessException 1:
org.springframework.beans.MethodInvocationException: Property 'serviceBeans'
threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could
not initialize class org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils.JAXRSUtils
[...]

Same error, different offending class, one is from package
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.utils and one is from package javax.ws.rs.core, both
packages are Import-Package-ed from in app's manifest.

What a chronology... I hope you're willing to help me debug this problem.
Thank you.

* http://servicemix.apache.org/SMX4/runtime.html contains broken link "You
can grab a download of the minimum ServiceMix 4 Runtime
here<http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/servicemix/runtime/org.apache.servicemix.runtime.minimum/4.0-SNAPSHOT/org.apache.servicemix.runtime.minimum-4.0-SNAPSHOT.tar.gz>."
It probably should just point to
http://servicemix.apache.org/SMX4/download.html or SMX4KNL (?)

--