felix-users mailing list archives

From Chad Skinner <cskin...@topeka.k12.ks.us>
Subject Felix and OpenEJB on MacOS X
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2008 14:47:18 GMT
I have been trying to get OpenEJB to load in Felix on MacOS X, but am
having problems. I am new to OSGi and have been trying to see if I can
get some of the foundational frameworks for our applications to load
in an OSGi container. I have setup felix with the fileinstall bundle
and have been copying the OpenEJB bundles into the install directory.
It appears that most of these work until you get to the openejb-
loader-3.1.jar and the bundles that depend on it. When this Bundle
loads I get an error:

Error while starting a newly installed bundle:
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle
633: package; (package=sun.misc)

I am assuming this means that something in the openejb loader bundle
is relying on something in the sun.misc package that does not exist in
the MacOS X JVM or JDK?

Does anyone know if it is possible to get OpenEJB running in Felix on
a Mac?