felix-users mailing list archives

From Clemens Wilding <cwild...@access.uzh.ch>
Subject test jars in lib folder
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 15:18:55 GMT
Hello,

To create a bundle, I use the org.apache.felix maven-bundle-plugin and
the maven-assembly-plugin. As the bundle depends
on another bundle, I specify with the assembly-plugin to install the
required bundle in a specified folder. This works fine.

Now if I don't use the maven-bundle-plugin, the generated jar is
included in the specified folder. But if I use the plugin,
only a test jar is installed in this folder. I don't know if this is a
desired behaviour or maybe a little bug, so I wrote this mail.

As you might need some information about my configuration, I provide
some information about the pom.xml and the assembly file dist.xml.

Regards, Clemens

pom.xml:

    <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
    <groupId>org.example.trialox.scb</groupId>
    <artifactId>tutorial1</artifactId>
    <packaging>jar</packaging>
    <version>0.7-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <name>tutorial1</name>
    <dependencies>
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.trialox</groupId>
            <artifactId>org.trialox.rdf.core</artifactId>
            <version>0.4-SNAPSHOT</version>
        </dependency>
    </dependencies>
    <build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <configuration>
                    <source>1.6</source>
                    <target>1.6</target>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
            <plugin>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>assembly</id>
                        <phase>package</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>assembly</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>
                            <descriptors>

<descriptor>src/assembly/dist.xml</descriptor>
                            </descriptors>
                        </configuration>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>
            <plugin>
                <configuration>
                    <archive>
                        <manifest>

<mainClass>org.example.trialox.scb.tutorial1.App</mainClass>
                            <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
                            <classpathPrefix>lib</classpathPrefix>
                        </manifest>
                    </archive>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
                        <!-- <plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
                <extensions>true</extensions>
                <configuration>
                    <instructions>

<Bundle-SymbolicName>${pom.artifactId}</Bundle-SymbolicName>
                    </instructions>
                </configuration>
            </plugin> -->
        </plugins>
    </build>
</project>

dist.xml:

<assembly>
    <id>dist</id>
    <formats>
        <format>dir</format>
    </formats>
    <includeBaseDirectory>false</includeBaseDirectory>
    <fileSets>
        <fileSet>
            <directory>target</directory>
            <outputDirectory></outputDirectory>