felix-users mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Behavior of a declarative service with a dynamic reference with cardinality 0..1 when the unbind method is not specified
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2008 19:10:38 GMT
Hi João

Richard S. Hall schrieb:
> João Assunção wrote:
>> Hello all,
>> I have a declarative service with a dynamic reference with cardinality
>> 0..1,
>> and since I'm not interested in the unbind notification I did not
>> specified
>> the unbind method.
>> I noticed that Felix (1.2.1) invokes the bind method the first time,
>> but it
>> does not invoke it when the reference is changed. After I add a unbind
>> method it works as expected.
>> So, I'd like to know if this is the expected behavior. I give a quick
>> look
>> in the specs but I was unable to find an answer.
>>

> From my interpretation of the spec, I don't think this is correct. If
> there is no unbind method it should be ignored. The XML schema says it
> is optional. I think you should open a JIRA issue for SCR.

I agree with Richard, that this is certainly not the correct behaviour
would be a bug.

Since this is implemented in the org.apache.felix.scr bundle (Apache
Felix Declarative Services), you should also indicate the version of the
bundle which exhibits this problem. Its version number is unrelated to
the Felix framework version.

Regards
Felix