felix-users mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Declarative Services and Http
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2008 13:34:10 GMT
Hi Peter,

Peter schrieb:
> Hi I have a small problem.
>
> I want to use declarative services for my app. And so far everything is
> well.
> But unfortunately my declared component needs to register to the Http
> service
> of OSGi, so to be clean I would like to unregister it when my service
> gets undeployed.
>
> Is there any way my service gets a callback when it is undeployed ?

If you use declarative services to manage your component, you may
implement two lifecycle methods in your component:

  // called when the component is activated (aka started)
  protected void activate(ComponentContext context);

  // called when the component is deactivated (aka stopped)
  protected void deactivate(ComponentContext context);

Depending on how you inject the HttpService to you component (I assume
your component is a Servlet, right ?) you may register the component
with the HttpService upon activate and unregister upon deactivate.

For an example, you might want to look at the OsgiManager servlet [1] of
the Felix Web Console.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Felix