felix-users mailing list archives

From Brad Cox <b...@virtualschool.edu>
Subject Re: JDOM Bundle Problems
Date Sun, 16 Nov 2008 23:09:46 GMT
Thanks! One step forward. The log messages weren't appearing because I
must be doing something wrong with ipojos, so I reenabled the osgi
activator logic to see if I could get oriented.

I'm getting my log msgs now on refresh (what does that do?), but most
die like this

java.lang.ClassFormatError: Illegal field modifiers in class
com/gestalt/soakit/transform/log/LogTransformService: 0x2

This happens as the activator tries to create an instance

public class LogTransformServiceActivator implements BundleActivator
{
	public void start(BundleContext context) throws Exception
	{
		System.out.println("LogTransformServiceActivator.start()");
         Properties props = new Properties();
         LogTransformServiceImpl factory = new
LogTransformServiceImpl(context, props);
         context.registerService(ComponentService.class.getName(),
factory, props);
	}

	public void stop(BundleContext context) throws Exception
	{
		System.out.println("LogTransformServiceActivator.stop()");
	}
}

This seems to be a garden variety class loader error, but I just can't
find it. Maybe something wrong in metadata.xml?

<ipojo>
	<component
classname="com.gestalt.soakit.transform.log.LogTransformService">
		<provides/>
	</component>
	<instance component="com.gestalt.soakit.transform.log.LogTransform"/>
</ipojo>