felix-users mailing list archives

From Atle Prange <atle.pra...@businesscape.no>
Subject Re: The right way to chase dependencies?
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2008 21:19:52 GMT
You could look into the bundle repository OBR. Its documented on the
felix pages.

You build a repository over all your bundles, and when you use the
bundlerepository bundle in felix to install from the repository it
automatically deploys all the dependencies too.

This means that you have to index your bundles with a tool called
BIndex, or use maven-bundle-plugin to build your bundles.

take a look at
http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-osgi-bundle-repository.html
http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-maven-bundle-plugin-bnd.html
http://www.osgi.org/Repository/BIndex

It can take a while to get it working flawlessly, but once it runs it's
smooth.

hilsen
Atle