felix-users mailing list archives

From Brad Cox <b...@virtualschool.edu>
Subject Monolithic tools with trailer hitches
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2008 16:36:51 GMT
I've attached a recent graphic that shows what using eclipse, maven and
osgi feels like to drive.

Can anything be done to tighten up the integration between these three
tools and their communities? With the library development communities?

The situation is frankly horrendous for anyone climbing the learning
curve. Some use ant, some use maven, others can't or won't, yada yada.
Some tutorials use one, others use another, and so forth and so on.

JDOM appears prominently because it seems to be the root of my problems.
Three unpackaged classes throws everything off. But near as I can tell,
they don't even know about the problem since they don't use maven or osgi.

So it goes pretty much every step down the road.