felix-users mailing list archives

From Brad Cox <b...@virtualschool.edu>
Subject Re: Command line felix execution questions
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2008 16:20:20 GMT
That's because I'm transitioning to ipojo; still feeling my way.

Commented that out in the pom and tried again. How is the ipojo
determined? I imagine here:

<ipojo>
	<component classname="com.gestalt.soakit.core.CompositeService">
		<provides/>
	</component>
	<instance component="com.gestalt.soakit.core.Composite"/>
</ipojo>

and CompositeService is this

package com.gestalt.soakit.core;

import org.jdom.Element;
import org.osgi.framework.ServiceFactory;
/**
  * Defines a component factory service
  * that the composite can use to create configured component instances
  * as described in an XML component specification.
**/
public interface ComponentService extends ServiceFactory
{
     public Component createComponent(Element parentElmt);
}

Pardon the dumb questions; still pretty shaky on all this. Really
wishing I knew how to make eclipse actually work.

-> update 4
file:/Users/bradcox/.m2/repository/soakit/soakit.core/1.0-SNAPSHOT/soakit.core-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
-> [com.gestalt.soakit.core.CompositeService] ERROR: Service Providing:
Cannot instantiate a provided service : no specifications found (no
interfaces implemented by the pojo)
[IPOJO-Extender] ERROR: An error occurs when analyzing the content or
starting the management of 4
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Service Providing: Cannot instantiate a
provided service : no specifications found (no interfaces implemented by
the pojo)
	at
org.apache.felix.ipojo.IPojoFactory.computeDescription(IPojoFactory.java:658)
	at
org.apache.felix.ipojo.IPojoFactory.computeFactoryState(IPojoFactory.java:685)
	at
org.apache.felix.ipojo.ComponentFactory.addedService(ComponentFactory.java:358)
	at
org.apache.felix.ipojo.util.Tracker$Tracked.trackAdding(Tracker.java:707)
	at
org.apache.felix.ipojo.util.Tracker$Tracked.trackInitialServices(Tracker.java:593)
	at org.apache.felix.ipojo.util.Tracker.open(Tracker.java:202)
	at
org.apache.felix.ipojo.ComponentFactory.starting(ComponentFactory.java:235)
	at org.apache.felix.ipojo.IPojoFactory.start(IPojoFactory.java:559)
	at org.apache.felix.ipojo.Extender.createAbstractFactory(Extender.java:383)
	at org.apache.felix.ipojo.Extender.parse(Extender.java:263)
	at org.apache.felix.ipojo.Extender.startManagementFor(Extender.java:207)
	at org.apache.felix.ipojo.Extender.access$600(Extender.java:52)
	at org.apache.felix.ipojo.Extender$CreatorThread.run(Extender.java:622)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)