felix-users mailing list archives

From "Clement Escoffier" <clement.escoff...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: iPojo - instance becomes immediate?
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2008 18:05:08 GMT
Hi,

This message just informs that the instance was detected and set as
'immediate'. An immediate instance creates a POJO object as soon as the
instance becomes valid, i.e. call the POJO's constructor.

iPOJO set an instance to immediate, when the immediate attribute is not set,
and if the instance does not provide services.

It does not change anything if your component type has a validate lifecycle
callback. In fact, to call the validate callback, the POJO's constructor is
called if no objects were already created, and the callback is invoked on
the created object.

Regards,

Clement

-----Original Message-----
From: Todor Boev [mailto:t.boev@prosyst.bg]
Sent: dimanche 2 novembre 2008 18:04
To: users@felix.apache.org
Subject: iPojo - instance becomes immediate?

Hello,
As I was playing with the Hello example the following warning kept popping
up until I declared the
as immediate.

[HelloClient] WARNING: The component HelloClient becomes immediate

HelloClient is the component running a thread that calls Hello.sayHello().
Curiously when I declared
immediate=false everything kept working but with no warning. And when I set
immediate=true....everything kept working but with no warning. What does
this all mean? :)

Regards,
Todor