felix-users mailing list archives

From " Jean-Baptiste Onofré" ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Maven bundle plugin and <Embed-Dependency/>
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 15:30:37 GMT
 First of all, hello all :)

 I'm a ServiceMix user and I currently migrate my "old" SMX3 SUs to
OSGi bundles for SMX4.

 I have created a bundle with the following pom.xml :

http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd [1]">
 <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
 <groupId>com.fimasys.fsb</groupId>
 <artifactId>automatic-simulation-osgi-service</artifactId>
 <packaging>bundle</packaging>
 <version>4.0</version>
 <name>FSB :: Services :: OSGi :: Automatic Simulation</name>
 <url>http://fsb.fimasys.com</url>

 <dependencies>
 <dependency>
 <groupId>com.fimasys.profinance</groupId>
 <artifactId>pf-bos-commons-ejb-client</artifactId>
 <version>2008.r2.2.38.01</version>
 </dependency>
 <dependency>
 <groupId>com.fimasys.services</groupId>
 <artifactId>fms-java-services-commons</artifactId>
 <version>1.11.03</version>
 </dependency>
 <dependency>
 <groupId>jboss</groupId>
 <artifactId>jbossall-client</artifactId>
 <version>4.2.2.GA</version>
 </dependency>
 <dependency>
 <artifactId>geronimo-ejb_3.0_spec</artifactId>
 <version>1.0.1</version>
 </dependency>
 </dependencies>

 <build>
 <plugins>
 <plugin>
 <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
 <configuration>
 <instructions>
 <Bundle-SymbolicName>${pom.artifactId}</Bundle-SymbolicName>
 <Import-Package>
 javax.jws,
 META-INF.cxf,
 META-INF.cxf.transport.nmr,
 javax.ejb,
 javax.ejb.spi,
 javax.xml
 </Import-Package>
 <Private-Package>com.fimasys.fsb.services</Private-Package>

<Require-Bundle>org.apache.servicemix.bundles.woodstox-3.2.3</Require-Bundle>
 <Embed-Dependency>pf-bos-commons-ejb-client</Embed-Dependency>
 </instructions>
 </configuration>
 </plugin>
 <plugin>
 <configuration>
 <source>1.5</source>
 <target>1.5</target>
 </configuration>
 </plugin>
 </plugins>
 </build>
 </project>

 My purpose is to add the libraries required by my EJB client in jar
embedded in my bundle. In a second step, I will migrate my libraries
jars to OSGi bundles.

 When I try to build my bundle using :
 mvn org.apache.felix:maven-bundle-plugin:bundle

 I have the following messages :
 [INFO] [bundle:bundle]
 [WARNING] Warning building bundle
com.fimasys.fsb:automatic-simulation-osgi-service:bundle:4.0 :
Instructions for Private-Package that are never used:
com.fimasys.fsb.services
 [WARNING] Warning building bundle
com.fimasys.fsb:automatic-simulation-osgi-service:bundle:4.0 : Bundle
uses Require Bundle, this can generate false errors because then not
enough information is available without the required bundles
 [ERROR] Error building bundle
com.fimasys.fsb:automatic-simulation-osgi-service:bundle:4.0 :
Unresolved references to
[com.fimasys.finance.profinance.batch.batches.dataloading.accountuseloading.helper,
.....]

 My library jar contains a lot of references to other jar files (home
made or from outside like commons digester, etc).

 My questions are :
 1/ should I use the <Bundle-Classpath/> to avoid to add all jar
transitive dependencies ?
 2/ should I use <Embed-Dependency/> for all tier jar files ?

 Thanks
 Regards
 JB
 --