felix-users mailing list archives

From "Karl Pauls" <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running multiple instances of one bundle?
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 19:39:14 GMT
Well, you are doing it sort of the other way around then I was thinking of.

Didn't you say that you wanted to use OSGi to run multiple instances
of a messy program? My suggestion was to use multiple instances of
felix which each would run one instance of the messy program as a
bundle. Your example below, on the other hand, is running a single
instance of a messy program which has multiple instance of felix
embedded...

regards,

Karl

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 8:11 PM,  <Anthony.Holland@barclayscapital.com> wrote:
> Paul, unfortunately the below program has the following output. Note that
> I'm only using reflection in order to give Felix an oppportunity to use it's
> own class loader, because it seemed pretty obvious that the class
> (ThingWithSingleton) would get class-loaded before Felix started if I didn't
> use relection. Code attached.
>
> Have I completely misunderstood Felix?
>
> Host Activator started.
> Felix done starting.
> Host Activator started.
> singleton already instantiated for number2
> Felix done starting.
> Host Activator started.
> singleton already instantiated for number3
> Felix done starting.

>>> Anthony
>>>
>>> This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged
>>> or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended
>>> recipient of this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any
>>> means. Please delete it and any attachments and notify the sender
>>> that you have received it in error. Unless specifically indicated,
>>> this e-mail is not an offer to buy or sell or a solicitation to buy
>>> or sell any securities, investment products or other financial
>>> product or service, an official confirmation of any transaction, or
>>> an official statement of Barclays. Any views or opinions presented
>>> are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
>>> of Barclays. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the
>>> following link: www.barcap.com/emaildisclaimer. By messaging with
>>> Barclays you consent to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the
>>> investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC, a company
>>> registered in England (number
>>> 1026167) with its registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14
>>> 5HP.
>>>  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the
>>> Barclays Group.
>>

> --
> Karl Pauls
> karlpauls@gmail.com

> This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or
> otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of
> this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete
> it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in
> error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to buy or
> sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or
> other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any
> transaction, or an official statement of Barclays. Any views or opinions
> presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
> those of Barclays. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the
> following link: www.barcap.com/emaildisclaimer. By messaging with Barclays
> you consent to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking
> division of Barclays Bank PLC, a company registered in England (number
> 1026167) with its registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.
> This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays
> Group.

Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com