felix-users mailing list archives

From "Karl Pauls" <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running multiple instances of one bundle?
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2008 15:01:16 GMT
I guess the clean way to do this would be to run multiple instances of
felix site-by-site (i.e., in the same vm). This is easily possible and
you could even bridge some stuff between the frameworks. Have a look
at:

http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-framework-launching-and-embedding.html#ApacheFelixFrameworkLaunchingandEmbedding-embedding

regards,

Karl

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 3:54 PM, Richard S. Hall <heavy@ungoverned.org> wrote:
> It used to be that you could do this by just installing the bundle again
> using a different location, but OSGi R4 added the additional requirement
> that the symbolic name + version pair must be unique, so this is no longer
> possible.
>
> It all depends on how isolated you want your instances to be, but one
> approach is to modify your bundle to provide a factory for creating
> instances of you app, then you can creating as many instances as you want.
>
> A hacky approach is to create another copy of your bundle with a different
> symbolic name and install two copies.
>
> -> richard
>
> Anthony.Holland@barclayscapital.com wrote:
>>
>> Hi all
>>
>> Is it possible to run multiple instances of one bundle simultaneously?
>> The idea here is to use OSGi as a way of running multiple instances, in
>> one JRE, of a very messy client application that uses lots of singletons
>> and so on. The multiple instances would be used to load-test a server.
>> They would differ only in that they would each "log in" to the server
>> using a different userID, which could be passed in as a parameter or
>> fetched from a distinct OSGi service.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Anthony
>>
>> This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or
>> otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not an intended recipient of
>> this e-mail, do not duplicate or redistribute it by any means. Please delete
>> it and any attachments and notify the sender that you have received it in
>> error. Unless specifically indicated, this e-mail is not an offer to buy or
>> sell or a solicitation to buy or sell any securities, investment products or
>> other financial product or service, an official confirmation of any
>> transaction, or an official statement of Barclays. Any views or opinions
>> presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
>> those of Barclays. This e-mail is subject to terms available at the
>> following link: www.barcap.com/emaildisclaimer. By messaging with Barclays
>> you consent to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking
>> division of Barclays Bank PLC, a company registered in England (number
>> 1026167) with its registered office at 1 Churchill Place, London, E14 5HP.
>>  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays
>> Group.

Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com