felix-users mailing list archives

From "Karl Pauls" <karlpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Command line felix execution questions
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2008 13:50:26 GMT
Thats needs to be:

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
    <artifactId>org.apache.felix.framework</artifactId>
    <version>1.0.2/version>
</dependency>

for felix 1.0.2. However, that is a relative old release and you might
want to start using the current trunk or at least felix 1.2.2 directly
(notice, we are going to release felix 1.4.0 in a couple of days). For
the last snapshot of the trunk before the 1.4.0 release you can use:

 <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
    <artifactId>org.apache.felix.framework</artifactId>
    <version>1.3.0-SNAPSHOT/version>
</dependency>

Regarding your second question. No, you don't need to run felix from
its home dir. Assuming you use 1.4.0/current trunk/1.3.0-SNAPSHOT it
should work out of the box from any location except if what you want
is the shell in which case you might need to start it with
-Dfelix.config.properties=file:<path-to-$felix_home/conf/config.properties>.
For more on using felix see:

http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-usage-documentation.html

regards,

Karl