felix-users mailing list archives

From "Brad A Cupit" <b...@lsu.edu>
Subject RE: easy question: shapes demo
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 18:16:53 GMT
ok, I got it all working in non-embedded mode and using the shell console.

I tried getting the web console to work (http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-web-console.html),
but I had issues getting PAX Web Service to run (first it complained about org.osgi.service.cm
which I solved by installing and running Felix's Config Admin, then it complained about org.osgi.service.http
and I got stuck there).

turns out the shell console works just fine for me.

For anyone following this thread in the future:
* download and unzip felix.zip from this link http://felix.apache.org/site/downloads.cgi
* follow these instructions to start Felix:
http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-usage-documentation.html
* enter a random profile name
* put the 4 servicebased.XXX.jar files in the root felix-1.2.x directory
* install file:servicedbased.XXX-1.0.0.jar for each of the four jars
* start <bundle_id> for each of the 4 jars

then you can run 'stop <bundle_id>' to and see what happens.
Very cool!
Thanks for the help guys!

Brad Cupit
LSU - University Information Systems