felix-users mailing list archives

From Arjun Panday <arjun.pan...@alcatel-lucent.fr>
Subject OBR and the referral tag
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2008 15:13:22 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to use the OBR for our project, and i'd like to use the
referral tag as specified in RFC-0112, so i can have bindex generate a
different file for each set of bundles and then organize them in a tree
structure.

I've tried this with org.apache.felix.bundlerepository-1.0.3 but, unless
i'm mistaking, the referral tag does not seem to be supported. Do you
think i just did something wrong? If not, is there a plan to support
this feature in the near future?

Another issue I have with the OBR is that our use of it is slightly off
the norm: I need to be able to request the OBR in an "absolute way",
regardless of the bundles already installed in my JVM.
For my tests, I've modified the Repository implementation so that the
only packages seen as "local" are the ones exported by bundle #0 (the
core JDK packages that are not part of my OBR).
Could this be suggested as a "boolean activated option" for the OBR?

Many thanks,

Arjun Panday
Alcatel-Lucent France