felix-users mailing list archives

From "Stuart McCulloch" <stuart.mccull...@jayway.net>
Subject Re: Maven-bundle-plugin and obr
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2007 11:30:41 GMT
On 21/12/2007, GERODOLLE Anne RD-MAPS-GRE <anne.gerodolle@orange-ftgroup.com>
wrote:

> Thank you very much indeed,
> With the last version it works again. Concerning the location of
> repository.xml, I misunderstood the documentation.

cool, glad to hear it's working again :)

I shall investigate the use of ops4j, but I don't understand well what you
> mean " the benefit of this repository is that it doesn't include all the
> other Maven plugin snapshots that might destabilize your build as they're
> constantly changing..." . If I am not using those plugin snapshots, I guess
> the fact that they're constantly changing should not destabilize my build.
> If I am using them, and the ops4j does not provide them, the build will not
> work. But surely I am missing something !

it's more about the core maven plugins: the Apache snapshot repository
contains
snapshots for all Apache projects, including Maven itself, and this has been
known
to cause unusual behaviour in the past. For example, the Spring-OSGi build
found
that snapshots of core Maven plugins kept getting downloaded so they don't
use it

OPS4J is a smaller community (which I'm also a member of) and I regularly
deploy
the Felix plugin snapshots there, as I don't want to get snapshots of other
maven
plugins - it's just provided as a convenience for other projects who also
don't like
to pull in lots of other plugin snapshots, but want the latest bundleplugin

this won't really matter once we do the next release, as it will appear on
central
- it's just an FYI, in case you don't like to use the apache snapshot
repository :)

I encounter now a problem with embedding dependencies, but I shall check
> further before unduly raising a new issue ;-)

don't worry about unduly raising issues - imho it's better to ask than stay
silent

Anne