felix-users mailing list archives

From james yong <i_yon...@yahoo.com.sg>
Subject Re: Activator not found
Date Sat, 15 Dec 2007 16:59:38 GMT

Richard S. Hall wrote:

> First, it is probably not a good idea to have your activator in a
> package that you export, since this is unlikely to be part of your
> public API. Regarding the CNFE, I am not sure. If you look in your
> bundle, is that class actually there?
>
> You could send me your bundle privately and I could take a look at it.
>
> -> richard

Hi Richard,

The activator can be found now when I add its package into the private
package definition.
However, those classes in the com.foo.osgi.window.text.model package that
are exported cannot be access by the activator.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/foo/osgi/window/text/model/TextWindow
	at com.foo.osgi.window.text.Activator.start(Activator.java:28)
	at
org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.startActivator(SecureAction.java:589)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix._startBundle(Felix.java:1536)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1470)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setFrameworkStartLevel(Felix.java:1065)
	at org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:258)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I have checked that the classes are in the bundle.

A part of the manifest file is as follow:

Export-Package: com.foo.osgi.window.text.model;uses:="org.apac
 he.wicket.velocity.markup.html,org.apache.cayenne.dba,javax.swing.tre
 e,com.foo.cms.mgt.page,com.foo.osgi.window.text,com.foo.cms.dao,org.
 apache.cayenne.map,org.apache.wicket.util.reso
 urce,com.foo.osgi.service,org.apache.wicket.markup.html.panel
 ,com.foo.model,javax.sql,org.apache.cayenne,org.apache.wicket
 .model,org.apache.cayenne.access,org.apache.cayenne.conf,org.apache.c
 ayenne.query"
Private-Package: com.foo.osgi.window.text

Am I missing something? Let me know if you requires the bundle. Thanks.

Regards,
James