felix-users mailing list archives

From Elvy <pige...@gmail.com>
Subject Install and start bundles from another bundle
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 11:54:20 GMT

Hi,

I am developing a GUI application as a bundle. This GUI is somehow like
eclipse, it is a place where plugins can register to. Because it is Swing
based, I have to do all the GUI initialization from the EDT. I thus call an
InvokeAndWait() from my BundleActivator and do it all here (the
BundleActivator itself is the Runnable).

Logically, the start method will be blocked until init is finished... I know
it blocks the OSGi framework for quite a while, but what else can I do?

Now, I would like to seek for plugins (inside a folder, from a conf file,
...) and install and start them. Where should I do it? Inside the Activator,
after the InvokeAndWait? Inside the InvokeAndWait after GUI init? Inside an
InvokeLater?

How would you guys recommend discovering and starting bundles at runtime,
from another Bundle, right after it is completely up and running?

-----
Tell me something you don't know!